Homework: Monday, December 5, 2016

Students have a bit more homework tonight than the previous week.

Science: Please complete the summary questions in the EEI Student Workbook based on Lesson 1 of the EEI Unit we’re on: Paleolithic People: Tools, Tasks, and Fire. If you forgot your student edition or the student workbook, go to the top of the webpage and click on CURRICULUM, then scan down to EEI SCIENCE then slide over to the unit we’re on. You know where this is, since we watched several animations today related to fishing on this same page.

Math: Independent Math group you have no homework tonight UNLESS you want to play Rational Number Battleship (We need to think of a better name for this.) using the rational number lines you created in class today. Please finish SPB for 3.2

Strategic Math Group (the group I worked with up front today) please finish SPB for 3.2 both front and back.

Reading: As always, please try to read at least 30 minutes something YOU want to read. My daughters and I are on book 3 of Harry Potter. Try this as you read tonight: when you come across a word you don’t know use your iPhone or iPod and the Google App to look it up. We find the definitions are helpful to understand the text, and sometimes the images are even better!

My daughters and I are on book 3 of Harry Potter. Try this as you read tonight: when you come across a word you don’t know use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and the Google App from the Apple App Store (it’s free) to look it up. We find the definitions are helpful to understand the text, and sometimes the images are even better!

Here are a few words we found last night in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 

Mince pies

manticore

marauder

warlock

paddock

chintz armchair

pouf

crinoline

And my favorite word…and one of my favorite foods that I never knew this name for…CHIPOLATAS!